Thursday, April 10, 2008

KU National Champions

Finally!!!
Over the last twenty years, do you know how many brackets I have filled out with Kansas winning it all only to be let down time and time again? Every year Marian and I fill out a bracket and almost ever year Marian wins because I pick KU to win it all or at least make it to the Final Four. This year we were so busy the NCAA tournament started before we could get a bracket done so Marian said if Kansas makes it to the Final Four she'll plan the special date if not then I will. Wow! They won it all! I can't wait to see what my special surprise is this year :)

I have a two theories why KU won... First, I believe it is because I didn't jinx them by filling out a bracket. I don't know if I will ever do a bracket again. Second, more importantly is because I went to Priesthood meeting Saturday night instead of watching them play UNC. What else could account for such a spectacular showing Saturday night against UNC! The Monday night win was probably because of Steven's faithfulness in holding FHE before the game.

Mosiah 4:27
And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order... it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.

6 comments:

Steven said...

WaHoo...thank heavens we did something in the right order!!

Cathy said...

You would think it was the curse of the Bambino.
Hooray for KU. Maybe they will be on a winning streak much like the Sox, Patriots, Celtics, and Bruins.

Cathy said...

Still can't get the video to work.

Steven said...

By the way it was the best FHE ever! When you make time for you family... "Nothing in this world could possibly go wrong."

Cosmo Carlton said...

Lest we forget the secular world still has some separation from the spiritual world, I hope that my sibling remember that the true champions of these great games were the fans. I reflect on the ways of my father...enjoy the games as a spectacle of two teams of individual players who give it their all and great things happen on both sides. When I have gone to and plan to go to Denver Bronco games, I cheer for achievements on both teams. Herman, I expect more of a sportsmanship attitude from you in the future. Your one-sided team loyalty is something I hear from my Boise brother, but not from you. Shame, shame, shame.

Cathy said...

You know KU is playing in the 2010 March Madness. Maybe you could give us a little bloggy blog.

You know, just let us know how the family is doing.

Better yet, K-state and BYU are going to play. I would love to hear if you plan to watch the game, or who you are cheering for.